Category Manager (m/f/d) – Metal Components
RemoteMasku, Varsinais-Suomi, FinlandEMEA Sourcing/Procurement
- Interact with R&D, Application Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, and other functional areas in each division/unit to develop and implement category strategies which deliver target performance levels at optimum overall costs
- Work across divisions/units to identify opportunities for synergy and manage program implementation
- Lead the development of RFQs for NPI and VAVE support, drive analytics and TCO comparisons, and coordinate implementation of results.
- Engage Engineering with new product development activities to deliver target product costs; promote supplier engagement in driving innovation and design alternatives
- Develop and negotiate vendor contracts to drive performance, secure productivity commitments, and protect SIG against risks
- Assist / guide the various business units with systemic supplier performance issues and engage supplier executives as needed.
- Monitor supplier performance (quality, delivery, cost) and drive improvement activities
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the core suppliers to ensure they are meeting our outlined service requirements
- University degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related discipline
- Experience in Procurement and Sourcing, preferably at companies with strong Strategic Sourcing disciplines
- Good knowledge of the value chains for metal fabrication
- Fluent in English, Finnish and German language skills are highly valued
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Expertise in contract negotiations, cost modeling, and value chain analysis
- Experience in multi-national, global operations preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 30%)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative, open-minded, and flexible
Apply with Indeed unavailable